We Drank No Good Cheap Wine This Week

As previously mentioned, we've really cut back on the amount on alcohol we're drinking, and it really puts a cramp in the Cheap Wine of the Week postings. But I'm going to stick with the alcohol-related theme and share a margarita recipe I've come up with since moving here.

Now, I really like margaritas. They, or variations on their theme, are definitely my favorite type of mixed drink. They don't beat wine out of its top drink spot, since they're super-caloric and super-filling, but I'm still a big fan. However, I've never been able to make one that was that great at home using the basic tequila + lime + triple sec method. And mixes always turn out mix-tasting. So a while ago I was trying to figure out a new mixing method for a drink. Actually I was trying to find a mixed drink that involved cranberry juice and ginger ale, two things we have in constant supply around our apt. And I was hoping for that something to include tequila, since I like the taste of it so much more than other liquors.



But the great grand internet turned up nothing involving those three ingredients. So I made something up all by myself. And since I made it, I'm naming it. And it shall henceforth be called the Carterita. Ingenious, I know.

Well, here's the secret recipe:

2 parts tequila
2 parts cranberry juice (exclusively Ocean Spray, if Brad's drinking it)
1 part freshly-squeezed lime juice
1 part triple sec/Grand Marnier/Cointreau
shake to combine with ice, pour into glass over ice
fill with ginger ale, to taste

And here's the beauty itself, in action being enjoyed with the Caldo de Cameron last week (which, if I haven't mentioned, is amazing). The background is a puzzle I did of a Frank Lloyd Wright stained glass saguaro window, which can be purchased here.



So if you also have a bunch of cranberry and ginger ale lying around, and if you've also got a hankering for a new yummy margarita recipe, then here you go! Enjoy!

1 comments:

Jon and Jenetta said...

David and I hang out with Ryan Castillo every Tuesday night to play Settlers or Poker or Wii or just hang out while Courtney goes to her ladies bible study group. Lately, we've been on a gin and tonic kick, but we are definitely doing Carteritas tomorrow night :)

Post a Comment