Life Update

So just thought I'd put it on the blog so it's official. Yesterday I got a week-long job through a temp agency that starts March 14th. Hopefully by being good at this the agency will recognize that I can be good at other things and start getting me jobs on a more regular basis. I'm really excited to finally have something to do, even if it's a job at a mall where I pass out gift cards.



Also yesterday, I got my first acceptance into a grad program. I found out that I got wait-listed for the PhD program at Claremont Graduate University but they accepted me into their Masters program with a scholarship instead. We're really hoping that God will get both of us into our programs here in Chicago, since we feel like it's been so clear that he's wanted us here. But Claremont's still an option, and it's still pretty nice to know someone wants me for something! I'm still waiting to hear from DePaul (not looking good) and Illinois Institute of Technology (still promising).

We're hoping to hear back from SAIC about Brad's Masters program this week, though this week is rapidly drawing to an end... He applied to two departments, Painting and Drawing and Film and New Media. He got an interview with the Painting and Drawing dept that's set for this Sunday, which is a great step in the process. And the Film and New Media dept doesn't hold interviews, so we are hoping to get a letter telling us one way or another soon.

So for those of you out there that wanted a little update on how we're doing, that's it. Any prayers you feel like offering up on the grad school/job front would be greatly appreciated!

0 comments:

Post a Comment