Cheap Wine of the Week Wednesday

This week's wine is a true cheap wine of the week. It's really cheap ($6.99!) and it was quite good. I don't expect all of the body I love in wine to be there in a wine that's this cost-conscious, so I wasn't disappointed that this wine was a little light. But it had a lot of structure and some good fruit. And it's made out of Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Sangiovese, three of my favorite grapes.

It's the 2007 Columbia Crest Two Vines Vineyard 10 Red Wine (long name, I know). And I found it on sale at Whole Foods last Friday.


We had it with pizza, very unsophisticated, but it went quite nicely. And it's not always easy to pair pizza with wine. Sometimes the cheesy-ness is overwhelming. But this was great. Good find, good buy, good glass of wine.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Kathy Calabrese said...

You are bringing back memories of wine tasting along the Rhine River.

Post a Comment