Weekly Recipe Wrap-Up

Hello all,

In keeping with this week's short posts, here's another one to add. I suppose when the holidays come around, I get to just enjoy the fruit of other people's cooking labor more often, and don't have time to make food for us as much.

So my one night of cooking this week yielded a really tasty BLT salad. Brad finished his final project for school and this was his celebration dinner. He wanted a salad, but I knew it needed a little bit of protein substance or it wasn't going to cut it for a whole meal. This turned out to be perfect. A little saltiness from the bacon, a little sweetness from the tomatoes, and a little tang from the dressing. I ended up using spinach for the salad instead of lettuce and it was great.



Lots of yummy grape tomatoes were a bright, delicious touch.



And the only other thing I took a picture of is truly not creative, but it's such great morning comfort food and it made me happy. We had leftover bread from the salad dinner and I knew it would got to waste if I didn't use it, so I ended up making cinnamon sugar toast.


This, a cup of Earl Grey, a blanket, and some falling snow outside my window was the perfect way to start a morning.

Have a truly blessed Christmas week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment