Cheap Wine of the Week Wednesday

Hello friends!

This week's cheap wine of the week was a bit of surprise. I needed a dry white to cook my scallops with Sunday and definitely didn't want to use any of the Cakebread Chard we had for the meal. When Mom and I were at Whole Foods, we picked up a Quail Creek Sauvignon Blanc for $5.99 that I thought would just be a good cooking wine, but not really worth drinking, especially next to the Cakebread. But since there were three of us, and only one bottle of the chard, we ended up drinking it as well. And it was really quite nice. Light, but acidic, and nice and citrusy. Brad and I enjoyed it. And $5.99? You really can't beat that!

Here's a picture of it at our dinner.


(PS ~ Someone we know didn't really like one of the bottles I suggested from TJ's a couple weeks back... Brad and I liked it both times we had it... but this is just a reminder that these are cheap wines of the week, not super-amazing-awesome wines of the week... don't expect them to be perfect... just something to enjoy for an everyday deal... so enjoy them for what they are!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I happened to see your post on facebook and I have to tell you that I did the same thing last week (needed a cooking wine and grabbed the Quail Creek from Whole Foods as well). I couldn't agree with you more. We were very pleasantly surprised and also drank the rest of the bottle. Nice review!
Courtney Lee

Post a Comment