Halloween in Chicago

So Halloween's kind of a big deal over here. Apparently everyone relishes the last holiday before the retreat to their houses for 6 months. I've really never seen so much Halloween decorating on a street before, so I had to share it with you, my blog friends. Check these pics out! These are all houses within a block of our apartment. Sweet orange and black and purple (the all hallows eve color of the year, apparently).

Both these houses are all lit up and spidered out.


Orange Christmas lights, lit pumpkins, and lawn ornaments... par for the course around here.

Someone even decorated the stop signs on one corner for fall...

And for some cute lawn decoration, some pumpkins and a giant stuffed spider (really, someone threw this huge stuffed spider out onto their lawn... crazy)



There are a ton of skulls and gravestones around as well, but they're scary so I didn't take pictures of them. This hasn't inspired me to go decorate as well, but I think it's pretty cool. Good neighborhood spirit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment