Weekly Recipe Wrap-Up

Look, I instituted a new tradition, and I already broke it! My mom's been in town all weekend, which has been lovely, but it means I missed the Sunday deadline for this week. The recipe wrap-up on Monday will have to suffice. And strange internet doings mean I am barely making the Monday mark, it is almost Tuesday already... sad...

So I cooked a lot this week, and forgot to take pictures for most of it. There are two meals I'll share, though. One was a turkey mushroom burger that was a little bit of a leftover meal. I had the buns leftover and the lettuce and the mushrooms and the cheese. All I needed was a tomato and the turkey meat. Sauteed mushrooms and garlic and shallot mixed in with the meat and salt and pepper and garlic salt, with a little basil thrown in for fun. Topped off with some delicious white cheddar, and we were good to go. Yummy!



The second meal is one Mom and I made Sunday night after church. Brad and I had gotten her a bottle of Cakebread Chardonnay on our trip to Napa as a surprise. So we had to find a recipe that would pair nicely with the wine. Scallops Charleston was the winner. We used bay scallops, because they were a ton cheaper, so we had these little bits of scallops in this delicious mushroom wine sauce all topped with a great Gruyere and broiled to perfection. We served it with wild rice and some of Nana's famous green beans she canned for us. Oh my word. It was fantastic. Not liking scallops very much, I don't know when they're done very well. But between Mom and I tasting them as we cooked, we get it just right. And I liked these scallops a lot. Who wouldn't like something bathed in mushrooms and cheese? And it paired with the wine really well. We finished off our night with a round of Rummikub, some hot cider I spiced (and spiked with a touch of rum), and Good Will Hunting. Very good night.


And here's Mom and Brad enjoying our little family meal!


Happy fall to you all! Next week, a true Sunday post, I promise.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What! I get no credit for the turkey burger? It seemed to be dripping with some of my ideas...

Unknown said...

By the way: Your mom is HOT!

Post a Comment