Weekly Recipe Wrap-Up

Hi all,

This week has been rather strange for Brad and me. We've been staying up till about 3am the last four nights and sleeping in till like 11 or 12. He's drawing this awesome new drawing (it's a 7 foot by 4 foot hand that he uses this scribbling technique to do. It's really, really gorgeous so far.) I'm studying for the GRE. I'm applying for two programs in Industrial/Organizational Psychology in Chicago and so I need to take the GRE. And since I just decided I wanted to apply for these programs like two weeks ago, I really need to take the GRE like right now. At any rate, Brad and I have barely left our apartment for the last week.

Needless to say, there wasn't much cooking being done. Food was more of a soup-out-of-a-can or take-out-sushi variety. But I managed a couple meals, and two decent photographs.

This first is a simple cream pasta. I had leftover half and half and good shredded cheese, so I made this pasta. However, the sauce called for 6 raw eggs mixed with the half and half and then just poured over the hot pasta to cook it. I did not trust it not to kill us, so I left it on heat for a little bit, so there were some vestiges of scrambled eggs in the pasta. It still worked out well, though, and at least it tasted good!

And, since it's fall, it was high time I baked a pumpkin pie. I don't think I've ever baked a pumpkin pie before. So I turned to the queen of comfort food, Paula Deen, for her recipe, knowing it couldn't turn out badly. In fact, Brad said it was really awesome pumpkin pie. Add in some whipped cream and yummy! Have lovely weeks, friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment