Stuffed, roasted chicken

One more food post, then I promise I'll get back to our daily goings-on for a bit (wait, I have no job, these are my daily goings-on). But, as you know, we got our gas turned on yesterday! So I made Tyler Florence's Roasted Chicken with Herbed Mushrooms recipe to celebrate, and it turned out amazingly. I have roasted a chicken once before and it was good, but it's still intimidating since that's that thing that every chef is supposed to be able to do. So, with a little trepidation, I went for it.

Here's the stuffed bird, ready to roast (lemons, onions, thyme, smashed garlic and salt and pepper).
This is one trussed, stuffed, bacon-wrapped, herb-covered, ready-to-roast chicken!


And here's the final product. Moist meat, salty bacon adding a crispiness, and really good reduced-in-their-own-juices mushrooms. Mmmmmm. Best compliment of the night about it? Brad: "This is the first time I've watched Top Chef and not been hungry afterward." Success! Here's the link to the recipe if any of you want to try it out on your own sometime! Tyler's Roast Chicken with Herbed Mushrooms. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Corey said...

Looks awesome Cassia! Well done!

Anonymous said...

good tasting

Jenetta Penner said...

you ate bacon?

you are funny- roast chicken is so easy. so are you going to brave a turkey?

jenetta

Post a Comment