Cheap Wine of the Week Wednesday

Except it's Thursday. Oh well. I was a little busy last night going to a switched-day small group and then eating one of the best dinners of my life. I think that deserves an extra day's worth of time on the blog. (As far as dinner goes, we ate at avec, a really amazing restaurant here... it was incredible. I ate pureed fava bean crostini, and amazing cheeses, and figs. I also ate salami and pork and ham. Taste sensations. I'm beginning to rethink my life-long no red meat eating. Morally, as long as the meat is grass-fed or sustainably farmed, I think I'm turning my mind around toward it. We'll see...)

Anyway, to the cheap wine of the week. Brad and I have cut back considerably in the last couple weeks so we're not trying as many wines anymore. But luckily, the one red we did try this week happened to be cheap and good. So it wins.

Actually, it was really good. We both very much enjoyed it and it was on sale for $7.99! The Red Diamond 2007 Cabernet.





It was really smooth, light but not watery, great flavor, and $7.99 people! $7.99! Really, this was our best Cheap Wine of the Week find in a long time. It gives me hope for us to not be shrinking our wallets too much while not sacrificing good taste. So, our hat's off to you, Red Diamond. Nicely done. Nicely done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment