Cheap Wine of the Week Wednesday - Sorta

It's Wednesday! Cheap wine of the week day always brings a smile to my face. Though this week it's cheap beer of the week day. As I've mentioned, we're not drinking as much wine nowadays, so my options for this are being limited. Luckily, when Jake and Nicole were in town we went to Goose Island Brewery with them here in Wrigleyville and got to do a beer tasting. They do four tastes for $6, so between the four of us we tasted every beer they offered, with a couple doubles. It's quite fun to support our local brewery, and it's an added bonus that they make some really good beers.

Now, I'm still somewhat of a beer wimp. I like hefeweizens and wheat beers, though I can appreciate a more full-bodied beer, I just couldn't drink a whole glass of one. But we have so many friends who really like beer and who are really into it, so I want to expand my horizons. And Brad's getting to the point where he's really enjoying beer as well, so this was a great thing for us.

I can't remember the name of my favorite beer of the night, so I'll share with you Brad's favorite of the night. We present: Goose Island Nut Brown Ale.



It's a little too chocolate-y for my taste, but Brad (and Nicole) liked the little coffee flavor and some of that chocolate-ness. One of my favorites was the Sahti, and the Honker's Ale is always good. So, if you happen to be in town, you should 1) let us know, and 2) go visit Goose Island... preferably with us.

1 comments:

seth said...

ah, beer. don't know what to think of it yet, except that i know i like the expensive kind! hey, i was wondering if you ever look at the RedEye newspaper? on Wednesdays (i think it is Wednesday every week) there is a writer who writes about wine... anyway, thought that might be helpful.

Post a Comment