Cheap Wine of the Week Wednesday

Greetings!

So I have a bunch of cheap wines of the week in my repertoire now! What's nice is, I get to spread them out and not go hunting for a good wine every week. We had our wine tasting, which was awesome, and so we got to taste a bunch of different wines, and I liked most of them!

Here are a few detail shots of the prep for the party. I made little wine FAQ pages and name tags with a rating sheet on the back for everyone.





We had 12 people in our little apartment, which meant Brad and I were standing, but it was a lot of fun! We are so blessed to have such a great community here!

On to this week's cheap wine of the week. In a thoroughly unscientific study (I liked it best, Brad did too, and I remember some other people saying good things about it...), this was our wine tasting winner! It's the 2007 Boomtown Syrah. I got it from Whole Foods for $12.99. It's from Washington, and it was a good surprise. I expected to like the Cab we had best, but luckily it was a blind tasting and I was able to forget which wine was which long enough to not be prejudiced against this one. Nice and smooth, not too tannic, a little oaky, and a lot of fruit. Mmmm mmm good!



Here it is alongside the rest of the bottles we had available that night.



Next week, I'll reveal the second-favorite of the night. (Here's a hint, it's also red, also from Whole Foods, and also $12.99!)

1 comments:

seth said...

we had a great time! thanks for the wonderful night... ps. i forgot to grab my handy wine facts, if you still have a copy i'd love to have one.

Post a Comment